Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Money and Christians

Probably one of the thorniest issues with which to deal as a Christian is money. We know that Jesus told us that we cannot serve both God and money. And we know that our culture has elevated money to the status of a god. And, we know that we do need money in order to pay bills and provide for ourselves and our families. So what do we do? What should our attitudes and actions be regarding money? For me it has been the willingness to admit that I can be more affected by money than I might want to admit to myself. As a result, I have always refused to discuss salary before making a decision about whether or not to take a position. How do I know that my family's needs will be met? I trust God! I know that sounds simple, and it is. But for me, there really is no other choice. As a result, God has always taken care of me. I live in a nice house, drive a nice car, wear nice clothes and (obviously) eat enough food. Someone once told me that God will be a debtor to no person. Well, He certainly has given me more than I have given Him! And I would rather have God be my supplier than any church or business. Or so it seems to me.

Pastor Ken

No comments: