Monday, November 2, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

Today I sit down and begin to write the last chapter in my dissertation. That means that the end is in sight. Like most Ph.D. students, I can hardly wait to get done, and do not expect to do any serious writing for at least a couple of months after I finish my dissertation. But what I do intend on doing is some of the other projects around the church that I have not gotten to for - well, for more time than I care to admit. One is a library ladder system for our front room. It will be a welcome change to work with my hands for a couple of weeks in my spare time instead of research. It reminds me that God has made us whole beings, body, mind and spirit. Each must be nurtured and each has its pleasures. I enjoy pursuits in each area. It will be nice to get to some of the physical pursuits again. Besides, we need to get to those books on the top shelves of the library, too!

Pastor Ken

No comments: