Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Elections

Last night was a (fill in the blank - important, non-important, meaningful, fruitless) election. Obviously the Republicans are happier than the Democrats right now. Lost in most of the hoopla was the results from Maine on Gay marriage. This is the most contentious issue currently on the front burner of American politics. Frankly, I still think abortion is more important, since every time a child is killed - well, a child is killed. But the issue of gay marriage is the hot button issue right now. I am afraid that it is only a matter of time until it is legalized. And, in spite of the protestations of supporters, I am convinced that it will eventually be used a a cudgel against the church. After all, it already is in Canada and Sweden. So what do we do? The only answer I have is to keep loving everyone, realize that one sin is not more heinous in God's eyes than another, and keep standing up for God's word and standards. And one more thing - pray for revival in our churches and then in our nation. Because I know of nothing else that is going to change the direction of our country. Or so it seems to me.

Pastor Ken

No comments: