Friday, October 2, 2009

Worthwhile traffic

This morning I left my house at 5:30 to go to Orange County. Even at that early hour I hit a couple of stop and go places, though the trip as a whole was fairly fast. Why so early? This morning I and our three ethnic pastors are starting a church planter's "bootcamp." For the next 24 out of 36 hours we will be discussing how to reach out to people who do not know the love of God in Jesus Christ. Already this morning, before we started, I have talked with one of the trainers about the relative lack of interest in our society in the church. And yet, God has chosen the church as His means of reaching the world. So, for this next couple of days, we will talk and strategize. Adding to the difficulty is that our little group represents several ethnic groups, some from other countries and others right here in California. So pray for us - we know God's desire is to help us reach out. God bless you!

Pastor Ken

No comments: