Friday, October 16, 2009

Life is a team sport

When I was in high school, one of the assignments I hated the most was the "group" assignment. It always seemed that at least one of the team members wouldn't pull his or her weight, and the rest of us had to make up for it if we wanted a good grade. We saw the same thing again tonight when Pedro Martinez pitched so well, and yet the Phillies lost the game. As a Dodgers fan I am happy about the outcome, but I feel for Martinez. And then I realized how much this is just like life. We all make decisions that affect each other. Much of what happens in our lives is the result of decisions others make. But none of us lives life alone. Yes, it is frustrating when we suffer because of the decisions of others. But then again, my Lord came and died for me and I did nothing to deserve it. In sports parlance, He took one for the team. Everything else pales into insignificance in light of that. In retrospect, I am glad life is a team sport!

Pastor Ken

No comments: