Monday, October 26, 2009

Wisdom from a friend

While there are still many in our country who refuse to recognize Christ in a brother or sister from a different tradition, I am not one of those. In recent years I have been impressed especially by many of my Roman Catholic brothers and sisters in their commitment to our mutual Lord and elder brother and their excellent expression of the problems we face in modern America as well as some of the possible solutions. One place in particular where I come across some of these sisters and brothers is the Journal, First Things. In this month's edition there is an excellent article by the Archbishop of Denver on the problems facing Catholic charities in the face of the current secularist onslaught against the work of the church. Substitute "Christian" for "Catholic" and I think you have a good description of the problem many of us who desire to make a positive impact on our society and its ills face. Take a look at it and tell me what you think: http://www.firstthings.com/article/2009/10/a-charitable-endeavor

No comments: