Sunday, October 18, 2009

All God's People

It is Sunday afternoon and I went to St. John's Episcopal church with my father in Marion, North Carolina. It has been a long time since I went to an Episcopal service. Of course their services are much more liturgical than those of our tradition. But I found that those I talked to were every bit as committed as I. It is amazing how many people love to cast aspersions or question the motives of those who are of a different tradition. Just a few miles away from here a local Baptist pastor is making headlines by announcing a book burning of all non-KJV Bibles, along with books by heretics like Billy Graham and Rick Warren. Sometimes I understand all too well the title of a recent movie, "Lord, save us from your followers!" I know that we may disagree on some points. And I know that we have different ways of worshipping. But if you call on the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior - well then, we'll just hash out the other things together in eternity!

Pastor Ken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did this church offer the "Living the questions" or "Saving Jesus" bible study?

http://jendireiter.com/2007/04/01/saving-jesus-episode-10-bad-news-for-people-who-love-good-news.aspx

Don't assume that just because the sign on the door says Christian and that the sermon quotes from the bible, that what is actually being taught is really that.