Thursday, September 24, 2009

Music

There are so many things we can thank God for. Today, I am thankful for music. Oh, I realize that many might point to evolutionary reasons and maybe even evolutionary advantages to the production of music. Yada, yada. The pure enjoyment that music gives exceeds any "advantage" bestowed. I never cease to be amazed at how people think that, just because they have come up with an idea of how something came about, they have exhausted all there is to know about it. Is there some kind of benefit bestowed by the ability to make music? Maybe. But today, I am just enjoying it! With music I can calm the soul, communicate my feelings, and most of all, worship God. CS Lewis wrote once of a man who had determined how the body digests food, and therefore thought he had exhausted all there was to know. He starved. He forgot that we still need to eat. Well, I still need to relax. love, and worship. Thank God for the music that helps me do just that.

Pastor Ken

No comments: