Monday, September 21, 2009

Detours

"Just another manic Monday." I know, the words to that song date me, but today has been a manic Monday. I was invited to speak to the an Executive Presbytery committee about my resolution at the last District Council on helping young ministerial graduates with their school loans, and left the house with about a half hour to spare. As I went past Interstate 15 on Highway 138, I knew that I had not needed that extra 30 minutes, in fact all had gone so well, I would probably arrive about 40 minutes early! And then it happened. Directly in front of me was closure and signs for the detour for the highway. After being routed through Hesperia in the High Desert, I did finally arrive - just in time! But it reminded me that detours happen so often in life that we might do well to just expect them as well. Fortunately, we serve a God who promised to take everything that happens to us - no matter the source and no matter the intention, and use it for our good when we love him and follow His call. So I got here - just in time - and have finished the meeting and am thoroughly enjoying the mountains while working on my dissertation. Detours? Sure, they happen. But as long as our Lord is with us, we will end up in the right place at the right time. Praise the Lord!

Pastor Ken

No comments: