Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ah, Sleep!

What is it about vacations that you have a chance to sleep in and can’t? One of the things I love about vacation is that I can read to my heart’s content. Which is what I did last night, finishing a book I had been working on. But that meant it was after midnight before I got to sleep. No problem! After all, I am on vacation and can just sleep in the next morning. Well, tell that to a body that is used to getting up at a certain time! Whether we like it or not, we are creatures of habit. That works to our advantage when it is a good habit and against us when it is a bad habit. But, as my early morning tiredness proves, sometimes whether something is good or bad depends on the context. I seldom sleep too late for normal activities. But sometimes that means I also don’t sleep in on days off – or vacations! Oh well – c’est la vie! I’m sure I won’t even remember it a hundred years from now. And yes, I do plan on being around a hundred years from now – just in a much better location than now!

Pastor Ken

No comments: