Friday, January 8, 2010

Keeping it clean

While I was looking at this screen just now I noticed that there were quite a few spots on the screen. They weren't large and they hardly showed up when I was looking at what was on the screen instead of the screen itself. But I had recently run across a post on a Mac billboard that said that a certain product was great at cleaning the MacBook White - a real need when you have a white computer. I bought the product and it works great. But cleaning my computer just now reminded me of the much more important task of cleaning up our lives. It occurred to me that there are quite a few parallels between my computer and my life. First, the computer is white - which is what the Lord said He has done to my life - made it whiter than snow. Consequently "dirt" - in this case sin - is going to show up pretty quickly. When I look past my life to what is happening in it, it is easy to ignore the dirt. But most important of all is that I need the right product to clean it. In this case, the Bible says that the blood of Christ is what it takes to make me clean. I apply the blood by asking for forgiveness, renewing my trust in Christ and asking for His Holy Spirit to take over my life. And you know what? When I do it is like my mother used to say when she made me clean up as a little child - "doesn't that feel better?" Yes, mother it did - and it does!

Pastor Ken

No comments: