Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Great Healthcare Debate

Oh no, am I about to enter into the great debate that started today on reconciling the healthcare bill in congress? And I going to say that the Bible either does or does not support some version of the likely bill? Well, no. Rather I want to ask a question. Do you think that healthcare should be a function of personal wealth? Should the quality of healthcare we receive be a function of how much money we have? If you think so, then I challenge you to either show how the Bible teaches that, or that the Bible is silent on our responsibility to each other when it comes to health. And if you don't think so, then I challenge you to show how the Bible speaks to your opinion. If you think that the Bible does teach us that healthcare is something everyone deserves regardless of financial situation, then you must decide what you think is the best way to accomplish that. If you think the Bible teaches that healthcare ought to be reserved for the wealthy, well . . . . And if you think the Bible is silent on the subject, then you should probably sit back and enjoy the political fireworks! What do I think? Well, what do you think I think?

Pastor Ken

No comments: