Thursday, December 17, 2009

Angels, Shepherds and Wise Men, pt. 4

So, since I have talked about Angels, Shepherds and Wise Men already, how can there be a part 4? Well. it is just that I was thinking that there was someone else who knew what was going on - Herod. But Herod was someone who did not care who was behind this new child - God or whoever. He only saw a threat. And that is indeed how some of us act and think. And, rightly so. The coming of God's Son means that we are without excuse. God has shown us that we are responsible for our own actions and that the only way out of eternal separation from Him is by putting our trust in Christ and obeying Him. Herod knew that his position was threatened by this new child. So is ours. But in the end, CS Lewis is right: there are only two kinds of people in the world. There are those who say to God, "not my will, but thine be done," and those to whom God will say, "not my will, but thine be done." We can choose the way of Herod and insist on our own will if we so desire. "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!"

Pastor Ken

No comments: