Friday, December 11, 2009

Addictions, Pt. 2

Yesterday I talked about original sin and how the Tiger Woods tragedy illustrates this for us all. I was talking to a woman who attends an S-Anon meeting at our church and she said that, given her husband's problems with sexual addiction, she understood a little better how Tiger could do what he seems to have done. That got me thinking about an article I read in "First Things" last month. It talks about gambling addiction, and it is well worth your time. It can be found at: http://www.firstthings.com/article/2009/10/gambling-with-lives All of this reminds me of a notepad that my wife has on our refrigerator. It says: "Jesus is the reason for - - - well, everything!" A good word for this day and this season. God bless you!

Pastor Ken

No comments: