Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pentecost in Glendale

Has it really been two weeks since I last posted? And does anybody really care? I must confess, I am never sure that there is enough stuff worth saying to post a blog like this on an ongoing basis. But here I am again, nonetheless! This morning I was talking with the pastor of our Iranian-Armenian congregation. He shared with me that this past Sunday, which was Pentecost, they started with over 250 people in a building that only seats 180, and then, when he began to pray for people, the word got out and people kept coming until 11:30 PM that night to be prayed for, eventually having between 400 and 500 people come and stand in line, some for over an hour, to be prayed for. There is a real hunger in the human heart to know God and be touched by Him. It is possible to harden our hearts to this sense, but it is there from the earliest age. Perhaps that is why the Bible pleads with us to not harden our hearts. God wants to meet with us so much more than we are interested in meeting with Him. Don't wait!

No comments: