Saturday, May 1, 2010

I just read yesterday that 41% of babies born in the US are born to unwed mothers. I can hardly express how depressed that makes me for those children. I do not minimize the number of bad marriages or other family problems, but the chances for a child to thrive and do well decrease markedly when they are not in an intact family with a father and a mother who love them and are there for them. I am not talking about opinion here, that is just a fact. The fastest growing group in terms of poverty are single parent families. The problems associated with being born to a single mother are legion. And yet we are afraid to say that some things are right or better. They are nonetheless. I wish I could say I have a quick and ready answer. I don't. But I can pray that God will send a revival to America that will change not only our values, but our hearts. Will you pray with me?

Pastor Ken

No comments: