Friday, March 26, 2010

Humility

I don't know if some people are naturally humble. If there are some like that, I know I am not one of them. For me, humility is something I have to learn. What brings all this up is that my second reader just finished my dissertation and is requiring additional research and rewriting. After passing with my first reader, who is one of the acknowledged deans of Church Historiography, I foolishly thought I would now be passed by the second and third readers too. Of course, we all know what happens when you assume, so here I am doing more research and getting ready to find out what I did wrong and what I need to do to fix it. I know, however, that God is in control of my life and that I have been working hard, so I trust that this, too, is in His will. I am humbled, but I am also rejoicing in knowing that my God works in all things for my good and His glory. What could be better than that?

Pastor Ken

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Pray'n for ya... Hang tough.