Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coincidence or Provision?

Yesterday, when I got home, my wife and I were discussing our financial condition. We were wondering how we were going to pay all the bills, what with the Mortgage due and her car needing a new catalytic converter. Oh, yeah, and we thought we might like to eat too! I know that there are many who are in the same situation every day. But we have lived by one principle in our financial lives: do what God says with our finances (that starts with tithing) and then trust Him to take care of us. Well, yesterday, it happened again. Just having finished commiserating with each other and deciding we had not idea what to do, I went out and got the mail. Lo and behold, our tax refund was there. Now that is not surprising, since we did our taxes about six weeks ago or so. But what was amazing was that the IRS found a deduction I had not used and gave us a substantial additional refund based on that. That's right, the IRS gave us more money than we asked for! Now, I know that it could never be conclusively proven that this was more than a simple coincidence that we received a refund with a lot more money than we expected on the same day that we were discussing how we were going to pay our bills. But these kinds of coincidences just keep happening! My wife and I can honestly say that all our needs have been met. Are these recurring coincidences just that or are they provision from the hand of God? I'll let you decide.

Pastor Ken

No comments: