Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New methods with an old message

The SoCal District of the Assemblies of God has a new Superintendent - the first new one in 22 years. Most everybody is expecting big changes. And I am sure that, in some areas, they are correct. But I am looking forward to the things that will remain the same. I expect that the Bible will still be God's Word, infallible and our only rule of faith and conduct. I expect that We will still preach Jesus Christ, crucified, dead, buried and raised from the dead. I expect that we will still preach that Jesus baptizes in the Holy Spirit all who seek that baptism and signifies that reception with the gift of speaking in tongues as the Spirit enables. I expect that Jesus will come back again within my lifetime. That last one may sound strange, but it is undoubtedly true, because, even if he does not return physically to this earth before I die, he will be awaiting me when I take my last breath. And, I believe that, in the meantime, God will continue to love me, guide me, heal me when I need it, and go before me into areas that I am not even aware are awaiting me in this life. I look forward to cooperating with our new Superintendent as new methods are explored and used to increase the kingdom of God, and as we try to find effective ways to tell the 16 million people in Southern California who do not yet have a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ that God loves them so much that He sent His only son to die on their behalf. New methods with an old message - that is a powerful combination!

Pastor Ken

No comments: