Sunday, January 13, 2008

Blessings Everywhere


Recently we started up our feeding ministry again. It has been a
personal blessing to me doing this every week. To be honest, it has
humbled me. Every time I think I don't have what I need, or I need
more, or cant afford what I WANT I am humbled when I walk into the
fellowship hall every Saturday. Here is a group of people that don't
have, and I'm complaining of what I don't need. Debbie, the lady from
the World Wide Church of God, who heads up the pantry was approached
by one of the gentlemen that comes every week and he asked her what
they could do to give back to us for what we do for them. She told
him to pray that the pantry would be replenished so there is always
more to give. He didn't wait to pray later (like how many of us would
have), this guy made his friends stand up and grab hands and they all
prayed right then and there. What humbled Debbie and I both at that
moment was not only that they didn't hesitate to pray, but that they
prayed for those who were in worse shape then they were.

There is a Hispanic fellow that comes every week. For the sake of
privacy I will call him Juan. Juan is a wonderful guy. He doesn't
speak very much English, but we have a wonderful time in fellowship
anyway. Juan is an example of how much the ministry we are providing
is appreciated. Juan is there every week with a smile and hug and if
you're a lady, a kiss on the cheek. He is the first to get up and
help us try to clean up and has actually become our trash man. Before
he leaves every week he makes sure our trash cans are emptied and
taken to the dumpster. This is a way he is able to show he
appreciates what we do for him every week...and that is a blessing to
me as well.

So, here's to feeding the body and spirit (both theirs and ours)!

~Melanie Pace

No comments: