Thursday, July 5, 2012

I toyed with the idea of blogging about the Higgs Boson and its implications both theologically and philosophically, but then something happened last night. My wife, daughter, future son in law and grandson and I all went to a local fireworks show. It is the same one that all of us, plus my other daughter (my grandson's mother) and son in law went to last year. My grandson has been talking about fireworks ever since. So we fully expected that it would be a terrific time. And it was. But something happened that none of us expected. My grandson sat down on his mini-folding chair and was ready for the fireworks to start. And they did. But they were loud! And close overhead! And he got - shall we say, concerned? So concerned that he jumped into my arms and squeezed my neck tightly, and stayed there, or with his Mimi or Aunt Yaya for the entire rest of the show! Of course the idea of holding my grandson tight for that time was an unexpected pleasure. And, he never cried or complained. He even watched the fireworks in the reflections in the windows of the cars behind us. But he would not look up or let us go. And it reminded me of the Father's love for us. We are so concerned to be "mature" and deal with life as it comes. And that is probably is the right way to live. But sometimes the sounds "bump in our ears" (his words) too loudly and the spectacle is just too close for comfort. So all we want to do is run into His arms. Well, do it! I have a feeling that He loves it more than we know. God bless you and have a great day! Pastor Ken

No comments: